Preneur Lab in partnership with EMK Center is organizing Peace Summit 5th Edition on the International Day of Tolerance. RTV is the media partner of the initiative. Peace Summit is an open platform that aims to bring development professionals, policymakers, researchers, law enforcement agencies and members of civil society in Dhaka together under one roof to discuss Bangladesh’s most pressing issues and challenges.
Peace Summit attendees will be the young people, digital and development professionals where speakers from different stakeholders will be invited who will take part in the discussion to create an impact. The summit will address social issues including violent extremism, diversity, mental wellbeing, online safety and fighting fake news.
“Mobile Films and Photography Challenge” is a part of Peace Summit 5. Young participants can create content (photo or video) on the topics of tolerance, diversity, and peace to participate. Winning entries will be showcased and awarded in the summit. Top 3 Winners will win cash prizes worth 30,000 BDT in total.
How to Participate?
- A photo or a short video that spread the message of tolerance, diversity or peace.
- Short videos can be in the form of short films or mobile journalism videos.
- Videos can also be #Thumbstoppers. A thumbstopper video is a “10-second short file” created for social media that contains a social message.
- Upload the content (photo / video) in your Facebook / Instagram profile or page.
- Add the #PeaceSummit hashtag and https://peace.digital/challenge link in the post.
- Make sure the post is “Public”.
- After uploading fill-up the form below with all your details.
Who can participate?
- Any Bangladeshi individual or group can participate in the challenge.
- Maximum Ten (10) individuals can form a single group.
- There must be only one submission from each team or individual.
What kind of content are expected?
- Content that speared diversity, peace, and tolerance.
- Content that shows why “Internet Hate Speech” should be stopped.
- Content that shows how to respect others’ points of view.
- Content that shows violence is not accepted in any circumstances.
Content Submission Guideline
- The content must hold the message of “Tolerance”, “Diversity” and “Peace”.
- Content must be original and generated by the participants. Any fraudulent activity will be treated as disqualification.
- For video contents, if any external content is being used, that must follow the Fair Usage Policy guidelines.
- Any attack directly towards any institution, individual or community will be treated as disqualified.
- Nudity, violence and hate speech are strictly prohibited.
Details and Submissions: https://peace.digital/challenge
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/441092383193777/