The DC fans are gearing up for yet another virtual convention that will celebrate the incredible DC Multiverse in a massive, fan-first experience. The 24 hours global event is going to kickstart at 11 PM on August 22. The virtual fan experience will give DC enthusiast access to the entire DC Multiverse, from television and movies to video games, animation, and comics. It will boast online panels, cosplay, fan arts and comics, first looks, and much more.
How to Access the event?
The entire event will go live at 11 PM on August 22 and will be available for streaming for 24 hours. DC Fandome will be broadcast live from its official website, as well as from social media. This mega event will be open in nine languages: English, French, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish.
How will it work?
It’s not clear yet, but based on the reveal announcements so far, it seems that Warner Bros. has placed a big emphasis on immersion, trying its best to re-create the interactive experience of a standard convention in the virtual space. DC has decided to come up with a fresh new experience while keeping the classic feel of a comic con event. The digital 24-hour convention will be divided into six locations within the FanDome:
- Hall of Heroes: This will be the epicenter of the FanDome event. Among other things, this section will feature special programming, panels, and new content from upcoming DC projects.
- WatchVerse: Entering the WatchVerse will take you to a busy street in the FanDome’s theatre district. You can roam around and check out the storefronts, alleys, rooftops, and the district’s four theatres: The Monarch, Athena, Kandor, and McDuffie’s Dakota.
- YouVerse: This Island spotlights fan art, cosplay, and user-generated content from around the globe.
- InsiderVerse: Fans will have access to go behind the scenes with the artisans from DC’s comic books, games, TV shows, DC Multiverse, DC accesories, life-sized action figures and other facilities of a traditional comic con.
- FunVerse: You can explore the Batcave, purchase exclusive products and collectibles, and read free digital comic books in this section.
- KidVerse: This aisle will be open for the younger fans of the DC universe who can explore the Teen Titans tower and DC Super Hero Girls‘ Sweet Justice Cafe. The Batcave will be open for them too (because everybody deserves to be inside a Batcave).
List of DC Movies:
The event will feature more than 100 DC blockbusters including reveals of upcoming movies like Zack Snyder’s Justice League, Wonder Woman 84, The Batman, Aquaman 2, Black Adam, James Gunn’s Suicide Squad and many more.
List of DC TV shows:
More than 70 DC TV shows will be available in the event. The current list includes Flash, Supergirl, Black Lightning, Batwoman, Constantine, Doom Patrol, Watchmen, Titans, Stargirl, Lucifer and many more.
A star-studded Event:
Several global hosts, presenters and special guests will be featuring in the event. Celebrities and DC Universe stars such as Ezra Miller, Gal Gadot, Ray Fisher, Robert Pattinson, Pat Jenkins, Zack Snyder, Van Kilmer, Venus Wiliams, Adam Brody, and Alan Michael Bendis will grace the stage of this megaevent with their presence.
- Zack Snyder’s Justice League: Probably the biggest pay off from this event is going to be a fresh new look at Zack Snyder’s Director’s cut of Justice League, along with a full trailer.
- The Suicide Squad Movie Sneak-peek: Director James Gunn has promised to give a glimpse of his upcoming movie, The Suicide Squad at the DC FanDome.
- The Suicide Squad Video Game: The British gaming company “Rocksteady” studios have tweeted that they will release information about the new Suicide Squad video game in this event.
- The Batman: Information and a potential sneak peek about the upcoming Batman movie starring Robert Pattinson will be released through this grand event.